Monday, September 28, 2009

Oregon trip

Okay so get ready for an onslaught of pictures! These are mainly for Michael to experience our trip (and any other blog followers). We spent a week in Springfield, OR hanging out with my Dad's side of the family. We stayed with my Aunt Dee and Uncle Ted. I had the pleasure of being Gabe's roomie...it wasn't too bad. He actually adjusted to pacific time rather quickly, the only exception was the first morning when he wanted to start his day at 3am! Gabe was an amazing traveler both there and back. Below he's playing in between our luggage at Newark and then next to me on the plane. Gabe had his own seat and car seat which was FABULOUS! so much more comfortable for both gabe and I.

We mainly stayed around Springfield visiting with my Grandma and cousins. It was fun to see everyone, i hadn't seen this family for 5 years. The last time I was out there I had just started talking to Michael on the phone...haha this time i bought out our baby! crazy! Hopefully Michael can meet all these guys someday. I know he'd LOVE oregon. Very hiker/outdoor lover friendly which equals michael's fav place to be! We did manage to sneak in a couple day trips. We drove east towards the lava beds where there is a spectacular view of the Sisters (two big mtns). We stopped first at a fish hatchery for rainbow trout and sturgeon. The rainbow trout were goregous, my pics don't do them justice. The sturgeon were absolutely HUGE!! The big mama fish was probably close to 50 bs! It was fun to see them. Then we ascended 3000 ft to the mtns and lava beds. As you can imagine, between an 8 mth old and nearly 90 yr old, there were numerous stops and bathroom breaks! We had a stroller and walker packed in the van, "opposite ends of life" my mom says :) My grandma really enjoyed meeting her second blood great grandson. He was a little heavy for her to hold, but we got him on her lap a couple times.

The weather was nice and sunny (impressive for oregon). We also took a day trip out to Florence to the coast. We took Gabe to see the Pacific Ocean, very exciting! I've been to that lighthouse many times...it was fun to hike Gabers up there. Well enjoy all the pictures. I hope you can all get a little taste of Oregon- Michael, I can't wait to take you there to explore! We love you and miss you more! xoxo


The girl cousins- Me, Joann and Michelle

Uncle Ted

the 4 generations





See if you can find Gabe! These trees were mammoth! I was trying to show the contrast in size since pictures tend to skew size perception. My mom thinks every tree in oregon could be a christmas tree.


This little chipmunk was a greedy little bugger. He snatched a whole cracker out of my hand! You have to admit, he lives with a pretty sweet view!

Me in front of the sisters. We think there's a hanging glacier between them.

Sweet pic my dad took. Michael, i thought you'd enjoy this one- looks very "wild at heart" inspired :)

Gabe obviously paid for lunch, there he is grabbing the check away from Grandpa


A gorgeous pic of the lighthouse my mom took. Teaser for Michaels! Gabe beat you to Oregon!

Pretty lighthouse. I had to stretch out Gabe's socks because it was chilly by the water :)

At the Heceta Head Lighthouse. Gabe's fist glimpse of the Pacific ocean!

Aunt Mae, Me, My mom and Grandma in Florence

The grandmas with Gabers playing

A happy Gabers at dinner in Portland!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! he looks soo big and strong. you guys sure look like you had a good ole time. you're right...we need to explore oregon together! maybe ft lewis will be next....:) thanks for all the pics mum mum mum. lots of love, michael.

Mary Nulk said...

I have to say that Gabers looks like a chip off the old block in the picture sitting in the airplane seat...wow!!!
Love,
Granny

Post a Comment